This PPA contains the latest stable debs of Banshee for Ubuntu. To install Banshee, you must first enable the PPA on your system:
1. Open Software Sources (System->Administration->Software Sources)
2. Navigate to the "Third Party Sources" tab.
3. Click "Add"
4. Enter the APT line below that corresponds to your Ubuntu version that starts with "deb".
5. Click "Add Source"
6. Click "Close"
7. It will prompt you to reload your software cache. Click "Reload".
8. Now install the package "banshee" from Synaptic, or using the command below:
sudo apt-get install banshee
For those who wish to compile from trunk, add the deb-src line and then run "sudo apt-get build-dep" to install all required dependencies before starting to compile.