WARNING: the "glibc" package was deleted from this repository
This package is just an umbrella for a group of other packages,
it has no description.
Description samples from packages in group:
- GNU C Library: sources
- GNU C Library: PIC archive library
- GNU C Library: Precompiled locale data
- GNU C Library: Name Service Cache Daemon
Save this URL for the latest version of "glibc":
Other versions of "glibc" in Xenial
Packages in group
Deleted packages are displayed in grey.
glibc (2.23-0ubuntu4) xenial; urgency=medium
* debian/rules.d/tarball.mk: Apply --no-renames to make the diff readable.
* debian/patches/git-updates.diff: Update from release/2.23/master branch:
- Include fix for potential makecontext() hang on ARMv7 (CVE-2016-6323)
- Include fix for SEGV in sock_eq with nss_hesiod module (LP: #1571456)
- Include malloc fixes, addressing multithread deadlocks (LP: #1630302)
- debian/patches/hurd-i386/cvs-libpthread.so.diff: Dropped, upstreamed.
- debian/patches/any/submitted-argp-attribute.diff: Dropped, upstreamed.
- debian/patches/hurd-i386/tg-hurdsig-fixes-2.diff: Rebased to upstream.
* debian/patches/ubuntu/local-altlocaledir.diff: Updated to latest version
from Martin that limits scope to LC_MESSAGES, fixing segv (LP: #1577460)
* debian/patches/any/cvs-cos-precision.diff: Fix cos() bugs (LP: #1614966)
* debian/testsuite-xfail-debian.mk: Allow nptl/tst-signal6 to fail on ARM.
-- Adam Conrad <email address hidden> Fri, 14 Oct 2016 00:00:34 -0600
||id crashed with SIGSEGV in sock_eq()
||Multi-threaded luaJIT application hangs; apparent deadlock in GLIBC
||mkinitramfs --help \u003e Core dumped
||libc has broken cos implementation
||The makecontext function in the GNU C Library (aka glibc or libc6) before 2.25 creates execution contexts incompatible with the unwinder on ARM EABI
No changelog for deleted or moved packages.
glibc (2.23-0ubuntu3) xenial; urgency=medium
* Merge with 2.23 from experimental, bringing in upstream updates:
- Save/restore fprs/vrs while resolving symbols (LP: #1564918)
- Fix _nss_dns_getnetbyname_r() stack overflow (CVE-2016-3075)
- Merge libnss-dns-udeb and libnss-files-udeb into libc6-udeb.
* Tidy up locale-gen, thanks to Gunnar Hjalmarsson (LP: #1560577):
- Fix thinko that broke handling of multiple locale arguments.
- Recognize UTF-8 locales without charset suffix in SUPPORTED.
- Fix bug that led to the unsupported message not being shown.
* Show reboot-required notification for all updates (LP: #1546457)
-- Adam Conrad <email address hidden> Thu, 14 Apr 2016 10:26:16 -0600
||glibc/s390: Save and restore fprs/vrs while resolving symbols.
||Confusing new locale-gen behavior
||libc6 2.15-0ubuntu10.13 doesn't mark reboot-required
||Stack overflow in nss_dns_getnetbyname_r
Send Feedback to @ubuntu_updates