QEMU full system emulation binaries (mips)
Other versions of "qemu-system-mips" in Bionic
qemu (1:2.11+dfsg-1ubuntu7.37) bionic-security; urgency=medium
* SECURITY UPDATE: NULL pointer dereference in MemoryRegionOps object
- debian/patches/CVE-2020-15469-1.patch: add pci-intack write method in
- debian/patches/CVE-2020-15469-3.patch: add quirk device write method
- debian/patches/CVE-2020-15469-4.patch: add ppc-parity write method in
- debian/patches/CVE-2020-15469-6.patch: add spapr msi read method in
* SECURITY UPDATE: NULL pointer dereference flaw in SCSI emulation
- debian/patches/CVE-2020-35504.patch: always check current_req is not
NULL before use in DMA callbacks in hw/scsi/esp.c.
* SECURITY UPDATE: NULL pointer dereference flaw in am53c974 SCSI
- debian/patches/CVE-2020-35505.patch: ensure cmdfifo is not empty and
current_dev is non-NULL in hw/scsi/esp.c.
* SECURITY UPDATE: use-after-free flaw was found in the MegaRAID emulator
- debian/patches/CVE-2021-3392.patch: Remove unused MPTSASState pending
field in hw/scsi/mptsas.c, hw/scsi/mptsas.h.
* SECURITY UPDATE: out-of-bounds read/write in SDHCI controller emulation
- debian/patches/CVE-2021-3409-1.patch: don't transfer any data when
command time out in hw/sd/sdhci.c.
- debian/patches/CVE-2021-3409-2.patch: don't write to SDHC_SYSAD
register when transfer is in progress in hw/sd/sdhci.c.
- debian/patches/CVE-2021-3409-3.patch: correctly set the controller
status for ADMA in hw/sd/sdhci.c.
- debian/patches/CVE-2021-3409-4.patch: limit block size only when
SDHC_BLKSIZE register is writable in hw/sd/sdhci.c.
- debian/patches/CVE-2021-3409-5.patch: reset the data pointer of
s->fifo_buffer when a different block size is programmed in
* SECURITY UPDATE: stack overflow via infinite loop issue in various NIC
- debian/patches/CVE-2021-3416-1.patch: introduce qemu_receive_packet()
in include/net/net.h, include/net/queue.h, net/net.c, net/queue.c.
- debian/patches/CVE-2021-3416-2.patch: switch to use
qemu_receive_packet() for loopback in hw/net/e1000.c.
- debian/patches/CVE-2021-3416-3.patch: switch to use
qemu_receive_packet() for loopback packet in hw/net/dp8393x.c.
- debian/patches/CVE-2021-3416-5.patch: switch to use
qemu_receive_packet() for loopback in hw/net/sungem.c.
- debian/patches/CVE-2021-3416-6.patch: switch to use
qemu_receive_packet_iov() for loopback in hw/net/net_tx_pkt.c.
- debian/patches/CVE-2021-3416-7.patch: switch to use
qemu_receive_packet() for loopback in hw/net/rtl8139.c.
- debian/patches/CVE-2021-3416-8.patch: switch to use
qemu_receive_packet() for loopback in hw/net/pcnet.c.
- debian/patches/CVE-2021-3416-9.patch: switch to use
qemu_receive_packet() for loopback in hw/net/cadence_gem.c.
- debian/patches/CVE-2021-3416-10.patch: switch to use
qemu_receive_packet() for loopback in hw/net/lan9118.c.
* SECURITY UPDATE: DoS in USB redirector device
- debian/patches/CVE-2021-3527-1.patch: avoid dynamic stack allocation
- debian/patches/CVE-2021-3527-2.patch: limit combined packets to 1 MiB
* SECURITY UPDATE: out-of-bounds access issue in ARM Generic Interrupt
- debian/patches/CVE-2021-20221.patch: fix interrupt ID in GICD_SGIR
register in hw/intc/arm_gic.c.
* SECURITY UPDATE: infinite loop while processing transmit descriptors
- debian/patches/CVE-2021-20257.patch: fail early for evil descriptor
* SECURITY UPDATE: data leak in bootp_input()
- debian/patches/CVE-2021-3592-pre1.patch: add sanity check for str
option length to slirp/bootp.c.
- debian/patches/CVE-2021-3592-1.patch: add mtod_check() to
- debian/patches/CVE-2021-3592-2.patch: limit vendor-specific area to
input packet memory buffer in slirp/bootp.*, slirp/mbuf.*.
- debian/patches/CVE-2021-3592-3.patch: check bootp_input buffer size
- debian/patches/CVE-2021-3592-4.patch: fix regression in dhcp in
* SECURITY UPDATE: data leak in udp6_input()
- debian/patches/CVE-2021-3593.patch: check udp6_input buffer size in
* SECURITY UPDATE: data leak in udp_input()
- debian/patches/CVE-2021-3594.patch: check upd_input buffer size in
* SECURITY UPDATE: data leak in tftp_input()
- debian/patches/CVE-2021-3595-1.patch: check tftp_input buffer size in
- debian/patches/CVE-2021-3595-2.patch: introduce a header structure in
-- Marc Deslauriers <email address hidden> Tue, 13 Jul 2021 07:51:34 -0400
|Source diff to previous version|
||In QEMU 4.2.0, a MemoryRegionOps object may lack read/write callback methods, leading to a NULL pointer dereference.
||A NULL pointer dereference flaw was found in the SCSI emulation support of QEMU in versions before 6.0.0. This flaw allows a privileged guest user to
||A NULL pointer dereference flaw was found in the am53c974 SCSI host bus adapter emulation of QEMU in versions before 6.0.0. This issue occurs while h
||A use-after-free flaw was found in the MegaRAID emulator of QEMU. This issue occurs while processing SCSI I/O requests in the case of an error mptsas
||The patch for CVE-2020-17380/CVE-2020-25085 was found to be ineffective, thus making QEMU vulnerable to the out-of-bounds read/write access issues pr
||A potential stack overflow via infinite loop issue was found in various NIC emulators of QEMU in versions up to and including 5.2.0. The issue occurs
||A flaw was found in the USB redirector device (usb-redir) of QEMU. Small USB packets are combined into a single, large transfer request, to reduce th
||An out-of-bounds heap buffer access issue was found in the ARM Generic Interrupt Controller emulator of QEMU up to and including qemu 4.2.0on aarch64
||net: e1000: infinite loop while processing transmit descriptors
||An invalid pointer initialization issue was found in the SLiRP networking implementation of QEMU. The flaw exists in the bootp_input() function and c
||An invalid pointer initialization issue was found in the SLiRP networking implementation of QEMU. The flaw exists in the udp6_input() function and co
||An invalid pointer initialization issue was found in the SLiRP networking implementation of QEMU. The flaw exists in the udp_input() function and cou
||An invalid pointer initialization issue was found in the SLiRP networking implementation of QEMU. The flaw exists in the tftp_input() function and co
qemu (1:2.11+dfsg-1ubuntu7.36) bionic-security; urgency=medium
* SECURITY REGRESSION: fix multiple regressions caused by CVE-2020-13754
security update (LP: #1914883)
- debian/patches/CVE-2020-13754-3.patch: log invalid memory accesses in
- debian/patches/CVE-2020-13754-5.patch: allow 64-bit accesses in
- debian/patches/CVE-2020-13754-6.patch: allow less than 32-bit
accesses in hw/char/bcm2835_aux.c.
- debian/patches/CVE-2020-13754-9.patch: fix valid.max_access_size to
access address registers in hw/usb/hcd-xhci.c.
-- Marc Deslauriers <email address hidden> Wed, 10 Feb 2021 08:37:38 -0500
|Source diff to previous version|
||hart0: trap handler failed (error -2) (Needs cherry-pick ab3d207f)
||hw/pci/msix.c in QEMU 4.2.0 allows guest OS users to trigger an out-of-bounds access via a crafted address in an msi-x mmio operation.
qemu (1:2.11+dfsg-1ubuntu7.35) bionic-security; urgency=medium
* SECURITY UPDATE: heap overread in iscsi_aio_ioctl_cb
- debian/patches/CVE-2020-11947.patch: fix heap-buffer-overflow in
* SECURITY UPDATE: use-after-free in e1000e
- debian/patches/CVE-2020-15859.patch: forbid the reentrant RX in
* SECURITY UPDATE: infinite loop in e1000e
- debian/patches/CVE-2020-28916.patch: advance desc_offset in case of
null descriptor in hw/net/e1000e_core.c.
* SECURITY UPDATE: out of bounds read in atapi
- debian/patches/CVE-2020-29443-1.patch: assert that the buffer pointer
is in range in hw/ide/atapi.c.
- debian/patches/CVE-2020-29443-2.patch: check logical block address
and read size in hw/ide/atapi.c.
* SECURITY UPDATE: use after free in 9p
- debian/patches/CVE-2021-20181.patch: fully restart unreclaim loop in
-- Marc Deslauriers <email address hidden> Wed, 03 Feb 2021 12:46:34 -0500
|Source diff to previous version|
||iscsi_aio_ioctl_cb in block/iscsi.c in QEMU 4.1.0 has a heap-based buffer over-read that may disclose unrelated information from process memory to an
||QEMU 4.2.0 has a use-after-free in hw/net/e1000e_core.c because a guest OS user can trigger an e1000e packet with the data's address set to the e1000
||hw/net/e1000e_core.c in QEMU 5.0.0 has an infinite loop via an RX descriptor with a NULL buffer address.
||ide_atapi_cmd_reply_end in hw/ide/atapi.c in QEMU 5.1.0 allows out-of-bounds read access because a buffer index is not validated.
||9pfs: Fully restart unreclaim loop
qemu (1:2.11+dfsg-1ubuntu7.34) bionic-security; urgency=medium
* SECURITY UPDATE: heap buffer overflow in sdhci_sdma_transfer_multi_blocks()
- debian/patches/CVE-2020-17380.patch: fix DMA Transfer Block Size
field in hw/sd/sdhci.c.
* SECURITY UPDATE: use-after-free via unchecked return value
- debian/patches/CVE-2020-25084.patch: check return value of
'usb_packet_map' in hw/usb/hcd-xhci.c.
* SECURITY UPDATE: out-of-bound access issue
- debian/patches/CVE-2020-25624.patch: check len and frame_number
variables in hw/usb/hcd-ohci.c.
* SECURITY UPDATE: infinite loop when a TD list has a loop
- debian/patches/CVE-2020-25625.patch: check for processed TD before
retire in hw/usb/hcd-ohci.c.
* SECURITY UPDATE: assertion failure through usb_packet_unmap()
- debian/patches/CVE-2020-25723.patch: check return value of
'usb_packet_map' in hw/usb/hcd-ehci.c.
* SECURITY UPDATE: assertion failure
- debian/patches/CVE-2020-27617.patch: remove an assert call in
eth_get_gso_type in net/eth.c.
-- Marc Deslauriers <email address hidden> Fri, 20 Nov 2020 08:15:55 -0500
|Source diff to previous version|
||heap buffer overflow in sdhci_sdma_transfer_multi_blocks() in hw/sd/sdhci.c
||QEMU 5.0.0 has a heap-based Buffer Overflow in flatview_read_continue in exec.c because hw/sd/sdhci.c mishandles a write operation in the SDHC_BLKSIZ
||QEMU 5.0.0 has a use-after-free in hw/usb/hcd-xhci.c because the usb_packet_map return value is not checked.
||hw/usb/hcd-ohci.c in QEMU 5.0.0 has a stack-based buffer over-read via ...
||hw/usb/hcd-ohci.c in QEMU 5.0.0 has an infinite loop when a TD list has a loop.
||assertion failure through usb_packet_unmap() in hw/usb/hcd-ehci.c
||eth_get_gso_type in net/eth.c in QEMU 4.2.1 allows guest OS users to trigger an assertion failure. A guest can crash the QEMU process via packet data
qemu (1:2.11+dfsg-1ubuntu7.32) bionic-security; urgency=medium
* SECURITY UPDATE: out-of-bounds read/write in USB emulator
- debian/patches/CVE-2020-14364.patch: fix setup_len init in
-- Marc Deslauriers <email address hidden> Tue, 15 Sep 2020 10:05:38 -0400
||An out-of-bounds read/write access flaw was found in the USB emulator of the QEMU in versions before 5.2.0. This issue occurs while processing USB pa
Send Feedback to @ubuntu_updates