This package is just an umbrella for a group of other packages,
it has no description.
Description samples from packages in group:
- API to write one's own VNC server - client library
- debugging symbols for libvncclient
- API to write one's own VNC server - library utility
- API to write one's own VNC server - development files
Other versions of "libvncserver" in Bionic
Packages in group
Deleted packages are displayed in grey.
libvncserver (0.9.11+dfsg-1ubuntu1.3) bionic-security; urgency=medium
* SECURITY UPDATE: buffer overflow via a long socket filename
- debian/patches/CVE-2019-20839.patch: Error out if the unix socket name
would overflow in libvncclient/sockets.c.
* SECURITY UPDATE: unaligned accesses in hybiReadAndDecode can lead to a
- debian/patches/CVE-2019-20840.patch: Ensure a proper stack alignment in
* SECURITY UPDATE: NULL pointer dereference in region clipping span routine
- debian/patches/CVE-2020-14397.patch: Add NULL pointer dereference checks
* SECURITY UPDATE: infinite loop due to improperly closed TCP connection
- debian/patches/CVE-2020-14398.patch: Close the connection after a certain
number of retries in libvncclient/sockets.c.
* SECURITY UPDATE: byte-aligned data is accessed through uint32_t pointers
- debian/patches/CVE-2020-14399.patch: Ensure a proper stack alignment in
* SECURITY UPDATE: byte-aligned data is accessed through uint16_t pointers
- debian/patches/CVE-2020-14400.patch: Ensure a proper stack alignment in
* SECURITY UPDATE: integer overflow in bitwise operation on pixel_value
- debian/patches/CVE-2020-14401.patch: Cast variable to 64 bit before
performing bitwise operation.
* SECURITY UPDATE: out-of-bounds access via encodings
Check bounds before accessing array value in libvncserver/corre.c,
libvncserver/hextile.c and libvncserver/rre.c
* SECURITY UPDATE: unchecked TextChat allocation size
- debian/patches/CVE-2020-14405.patch: Limit max TextChat size in
-- Avital Ostromich <email address hidden> Mon, 13 Jul 2020 16:01:32 -0400
|Source diff to previous version|
||libvncclient/sockets.c in LibVNCServer before 0.9.13 has a buffer overflow via a long socket filename.
||An issue was discovered in LibVNCServer before 0.9.13. libvncserver/ws_decode.c can lead to a crash because of unaligned accesses in hybiReadAndDecod
||An issue was discovered in LibVNCServer before 0.9.13. libvncserver/rfbregion.c has a NULL pointer dereference.
||An issue was discovered in LibVNCServer before 0.9.13. An improperly closed TCP connection causes an infinite loop in libvncclient/sockets.c.
||An issue was discovered in LibVNCServer before 0.9.13. Byte-aligned data is accessed through uint32_t pointers in libvncclient/rfbproto.c.
||An issue was discovered in LibVNCServer before 0.9.13. Byte-aligned data is accessed through uint16_t pointers in libvncserver/translate.c.
||An issue was discovered in LibVNCServer before 0.9.13. libvncserver/scale.c has a pixel_value integer overflow.
||An issue was discovered in LibVNCServer before 0.9.13. libvncserver/corre.c allows out-of-bounds access via encodings.
||An issue was discovered in LibVNCServer before 0.9.13. libvncserver/hextile.c allows out-of-bounds access via encodings.
||An issue was discovered in LibVNCServer before 0.9.13. libvncserver/rre.c allows out-of-bounds access via encodings.
||An issue was discovered in LibVNCServer before 0.9.13. libvncclient/rfbproto.c does not limit TextChat size.
libvncserver (0.9.11+dfsg-1ubuntu1.2) bionic-security; urgency=medium
* SECURITY UPDATE: null pointer dereference in HandleZlibBPP function which
results in DoS
- debian/patches/CVE-2019-15680.patch: prevent dereferencing of null
pointers during decoding in libvncclient/zlib.c and libvncclient/zrle.c.
* SECURITY UPDATE: memory leak allows an attacker to read stack memory
resulting in possible information disclosure
- debian/patches/CVE-2019-15681.patch: clear a block of memory for the sct
variable in libvncserver/rfbserver.c.
* SECURITY UPDATE: heap buffer overflow caused by large cursor sizes
- debian/patches/CVE-2019-15690_CVE-2019-20788.patch: limit the size of
cursor in libvncclient/cursor.c.
* SECURITY UPDATE: heap-based buffer overflow which allowed easy modification
of a return address via an overwritten function pointer
- debian/patches/CVE-2017-18922.patch: fix buffer overflow within the
websocket decoding functionality in libvncserver/websockets.c.
-- Avital Ostromich <email address hidden> Tue, 30 Jun 2020 11:54:51 -0400
|Source diff to previous version|
||TightVNC code version 1.3.10 contains null pointer dereference in HandleZlibBPP function, which results Denial of System (DoS). This attack appear to
||LibVNC commit before d01e1bb4246323ba6fcee3b82ef1faa9b1dac82a contains a memory leak (CWE-655) in VNC server code, which allow an attacker to read st
||libvncclient/cursor.c in LibVNCServer through 0.9.12 has a HandleCursorShape integer overflow and heap-based buffer overflow via a large height or wi
||It was discovered that websockets.c in LibVNCServer prior to 0.9.12 di ...
libvncserver (0.9.11+dfsg-1ubuntu1.1) bionic-security; urgency=medium
* SECURITY UPDATE: Multiple security issues
- debian/patches/CVE-2018-*.patch: add upstream commits to fix
multiple security issues.
- debian/libvncserver1.symbols: updated for new symbols.
- CVE-2018-6307, CVE-2018-15126, CVE-2018-15127, CVE-2018-20019,
CVE-2018-20020, CVE-2018-20021, CVE-2018-20022, CVE-2018-20023,
CVE-2018-20024, CVE-2018-20748, CVE-2018-20749, CVE-2018-20750
-- Marc Deslauriers <email address hidden> Wed, 30 Jan 2019 13:22:39 -0500
||LibVNC before commit ca2a5ac02fbbadd0a21fabba779c1ea69173d10b contains heap use-after-free vulnerability in server code of file transfer extension th
||LibVNC before commit 73cb96fec028a576a5a24417b57723b55854ad7b contains heap use-after-free vulnerability in server code of file transfer extension th
||LibVNC before commit 502821828ed00b4a2c4bef90683d0fd88ce495de contains heap out-of-bound write vulnerability in server code of file transfer extensio
||LibVNC before commit a83439b9fbe0f03c48eb94ed05729cb016f8b72f contains multiple heap out-of-bound write vulnerabilities in VNC client code that can r
||LibVNC before commit 7b1ef0ffc4815cab9a96c7278394152bdc89dc4d contains heap out-of-bound write vulnerability inside structure in VNC client code that
||LibVNC before commit c3115350eb8bb635d0fdb4dbbb0d0541f38ed19c contains a CWE-835: Infinite loop vulnerability in VNC client code. Vulnerability allow
||LibVNC before 2f5b2ad1c6c99b1ac6482c95844a84d66bb52838 contains multiple weaknesses CWE-665: Improper Initialization vulnerability in VNC client code
||LibVNC before 8b06f835e259652b0ff026898014fc7297ade858 contains CWE-665: Improper Initialization vulnerability in VNC Repeater client code that allow
||LibVNC before commit 4a21bbd097ef7c44bb000c3bd0907f96a10e4ce7 contains null pointer dereference in VNC client code that can result DoS.
||LibVNC before 0.9.12 contains multiple heap out-of-bounds write ...
||LibVNC before 0.9.12 contains a heap out-of-bounds write vulnerability ...
||LibVNC through 0.9.12 contains a heap out-of-bounds write vulnerability ...
Send Feedback to @ubuntu_updates