WARNING: the "unattended-upgrades" package was deleted from this repository
automatic installation of security upgrades
Save this URL for the latest version of "unattended-upgrades":
Other versions of "unattended-upgrades" in Bionic
unattended-upgrades (1.1ubuntu1.18.04.11) bionic; urgency=medium
* Detect changes to moved conffiles (LP: #1823872)
- Add tests for checking conffile moves.
Build depend on and use equivs to generate new test packages
- Split() conffile data to set of names only once
- Don't parse dpkg conffile db when there are no conffiles in the package
* Detect unchanged moved conffiles.
When a package moves a conffile properly without any change no conffile
prompt needs to be shown thus the package can be upgraded unattended.
* Skip sending email when no package had to be installed, upgraded or removed
(LP: #1821103) (Closes: #924554)
* Make sure autoremovals don't start with a dirty cache and remove other
packages (LP: #1824341)
* Continue applying minimal sets when one set can't be marked for upgrade.
Thanks to Anderson Luiz Alves for the patch, it needed minor modifications
* Stop raising NoAllowedOriginError when marking packages to upgrade/install
fails (LP: #1824876)
* Adjust only transitive dependencies in the fallback when a package from an
allowed origin can't be marked to install/upgrade.
This is a much lighter approach than marking every upgradable package
because the full fallback was triggered on packages held back as well,
using an excessive amount of CPU time.
Also it crashed with packages not having any version in allowed origins.
(LP: #1824804, #1824949)
* Skip trying to upgrade held packages in call_adjusted() (LP: #1824804)
* Follow all kinds of transitive dependencies when adjusting dependencies
* Don't crash collecting transitive dependencies when package has no candidate
* Use mark_install_adjusted() in rewind_cache()
The original cache had packages marked with adjustments thus rewinding
should also do adjustments to reach the same state.
Also not using mark_install_adjusted() crashes when apt raises error on
held packages. (LP: #1826157)
- test_rewind: Update test to check if adjustend rewinding took place
-- Balint Reczey <email address hidden> Mon, 29 Apr 2019 12:13:14 +0200
||Fixing fsfreeze-hook can break unattended upgrades
||[SRU] Skip sending email when no package had to be installed, upgraded or removed
||NoAllowedOrigin cause package removal
||unattended-upgrades: call_adjusted() raises NoAllowedOriginError when marking packages to upgrade/install fails
||Unattended upgrades falls back to adjust all upgradable packages in attempt to install held packages
||Unattended-upgrades may crash when a package does not have a candidate
||unattended-upgrades: rewind_cache() may crash due to not adjusting package candidates
||SUCCESS messages: significant behaviour change - Debian Bug report logs
unattended-upgrades (1.1ubuntu1.18.04.10) bionic; urgency=medium
* do_auto_remove() is successful unless a commit() operation fails
* Compare apt.package.Version objects and not the versions' string
representation. (LP: #1820888)
This prevented adjusting candidates when the strings sorted differently.
Also extend tests to catch issue.
* Fall back to adjusting more packages' candidates
when a package from an allowed origin can't be marked to install/upgrade.
-- Balint Reczey <email address hidden> Mon, 25 Mar 2019 18:17:56 +0100
||unattended-upgrades may hold back upgrades due to comparing package versions by their string representation
||unattended-upgrades: Fall back to adjusting more packages' candidates when a package from an allowed origin can't be marked to install/upgrade
Send Feedback to @ubuntu_updates