Widget-like mini-applications for GNOME
Screenlets are small owner-drawn applications (written in Python) that can be
described as "the virtual representation of things lying/standing around on
your desk". Sticky notes, clocks, rulers, ... the possibilities are endless.
The goal of the Screenlets base-classes is to simplify the creation of fully
themable mini-apps that each solve basic desktop-work-related needs and
generally improve the usability and eye-candy of the modern composited
* Real applications, no HTML-"widgets"
* Easy to use, easy to develop
* Full compositing support
* Works with any composited X desktop (compiz, xfce4, ...)
* Works also on non-composited desktop
* Included ability to apply themes (SVG, PNG or mixed)
* Fully scalable when using SVGs
* Embedded drag&drop-support
* Automated storing of options (using ini or GConf)
* Controllable through customizable D-Bus service
* Can be used together with compiz' widget-plugin to create a
Dashboard-like feature as seen on OS X
* Uses Cairo and GTK2 for drawing and windowing
Other versions of "screenlets" in Precise
Packages in group
Deleted packages are displayed in grey.
There is no recent update for this package.
Send Feedback to @ubuntu_updates