WARNING: the "openssh" package was deleted from this repository
This package is just an umbrella for a group of other packages,
it has no description.
Description samples from packages in group:
- secure shell client and server (transitional package)
Save this URL for the latest version of "openssh":
Other versions of "openssh" in Trusty
Packages in group
Deleted packages are displayed in grey.
openssh (1:6.6p1-1) unstable; urgency=medium
[ Colin Watson ]
* Apply various warning-suppression and regression-test fixes to
gssapi.patch from Damien Miller.
* New upstream release (http://www.openssh.com/txt/release-6.6,
- CVE-2014-2532: sshd(8): when using environment passing with an
sshd_config(5) AcceptEnv pattern with a wildcard, OpenSSH prior to 6.6
could be tricked into accepting any environment variable that contains
the characters before the wildcard character.
* Re-enable btmp logging, as its permissions were fixed a long time ago in
response to #370050 (closes: #341883).
* Change to "PermitRootLogin without-password" for new installations, and
ask a debconf question when upgrading systems with "PermitRootLogin yes"
from previous versions (closes: #298138).
* Debconf translations:
- Danish (thanks, Joe Hansen).
- Portuguese (thanks, Am��rico Monteiro).
- Russian (thanks, Yuri Kozlov; closes: #742308).
- Swedish (thanks, Andreas R��nnquist).
- Japanese (thanks, victory).
- German (thanks, Stephan Beck; closes: #742541).
- Italian (thanks, Beatrice Torracca).
* Don't start ssh-agent from the Upstart user session job if something
like Xsession has already done so (based on work by Bruno Vasselle;
[ Matthew Vernon ]
* CVE-2014-2653: Fix failure to check SSHFP records if server presents a
certificate (bug reported by me, patch by upstream's Damien Miller;
thanks also to Mark Wooding for his help in fixing this) (Closes:
-- Colin Watson <email address hidden> Fri, 28 Mar 2014 18:04:41 +0000
||Update OpenSSH to 6.6
||upstart configuration for user launches an extra ssh-agent
||openssh-server: doesn't log bad login attempts to /var/log/btmp - Debian Bug report logs
||ssh: PermitRootLogin should defaul to "no" - Debian Bug report logs
||openssh: [INTL:ru] Russian debconf templates translation - Debian Bug report logs
||[openssh] openssh [INTL:de] German debconf templates translation - Debian Bug report logs
||openssh: AcceptEnv environment restriction bypass flaw
||if the server offers a certificate, the client doesn't check the DNS for SSHFP records
Send Feedback to @ubuntu_updates