This package is just an umbrella for a group of other packages,
it has no description.
Description samples from packages in group:
- Guest-side qemu-system agent
- QEMU minimized system emulation binaries (x86)
- QEMU full system emulation binaries (x86)
- QEMU user mode emulation binaries
Other versions of "qemu" in Focal
Packages in group
Deleted packages are displayed in grey.
qemu (1:4.2-3ubuntu6.10) focal-security; urgency=medium
* SECURITY UPDATE: heap buffer overflow in sdhci_sdma_transfer_multi_blocks()
- debian/patches/ubuntu/CVE-2020-17380.patch: fix DMA Transfer Block
Size field in hw/sd/sdhci.c.
* SECURITY UPDATE: use-after-free via unchecked return value
- debian/patches/ubuntu/CVE-2020-25084.patch: check return value of
'usb_packet_map' in hw/usb/hcd-xhci.c.
* SECURITY UPDATE: out-of-bound access issue
- debian/patches/ubuntu/CVE-2020-25624.patch: check len and
frame_number variables in hw/usb/hcd-ohci.c.
* SECURITY UPDATE: infinite loop when a TD list has a loop
- debian/patches/ubuntu/CVE-2020-25625.patch: check for processed TD
before retire in hw/usb/hcd-ohci.c.
* SECURITY UPDATE: assertion failure through usb_packet_unmap()
- debian/patches/ubuntu/CVE-2020-25723.patch: check return value of
'usb_packet_map' in hw/usb/hcd-ehci.c.
* SECURITY UPDATE: bounds issue in ati_2d_blt
- debian/patches/ubuntu/CVE-2020-27616.patch: check x y display
parameter values in hw/display/ati_2d.c.
* SECURITY UPDATE: assertion failure
- debian/patches/ubuntu/CVE-2020-27617.patch: remove an assert call in
eth_get_gso_type in net/eth.c.
-- Marc Deslauriers <email address hidden> Fri, 20 Nov 2020 08:12:00 -0500
|Source diff to previous version|
||heap buffer overflow in sdhci_sdma_transfer_multi_blocks() in hw/sd/sdhci.c
||QEMU 5.0.0 has a heap-based Buffer Overflow in flatview_read_continue in exec.c because hw/sd/sdhci.c mishandles a write operation in the SDHC_BLKSIZ
||QEMU 5.0.0 has a use-after-free in hw/usb/hcd-xhci.c because the usb_packet_map return value is not checked.
||hw/usb/hcd-ohci.c in QEMU 5.0.0 has a stack-based buffer over-read via ...
||hw/usb/hcd-ohci.c in QEMU 5.0.0 has an infinite loop when a TD list has a loop.
||assertion failure through usb_packet_unmap() in hw/usb/hcd-ehci.c
||ati_2d_blt in hw/display/ati_2d.c in QEMU 4.2.1 can encounter an outside-limits situation in a calculation. A guest can crash the QEMU process.
||eth_get_gso_type in net/eth.c in QEMU 4.2.1 allows guest OS users to trigger an assertion failure. A guest can crash the QEMU process via packet data
qemu (1:4.2-3ubuntu6.6) focal-security; urgency=medium
* SECURITY UPDATE: out-of-bounds read/write in USB emulator
- debian/patches/ubuntu/CVE-2020-14364.patch: fix setup_len init in
-- Marc Deslauriers <email address hidden> Tue, 15 Sep 2020 10:02:08 -0400
|Source diff to previous version|
||An out-of-bounds read/write access flaw was found in the USB emulator of the QEMU in versions before 5.2.0. This issue occurs while processing USB pa
qemu (1:4.2-3ubuntu6.4) focal-security; urgency=medium
* SECURITY UPDATE: assert failure in nbd
- debian/patches/ubuntu/CVE-2020-10761.patch: avoid long error message
assertions in nbd/server.c, tests/qemu-iotests/143,
* SECURITY UPDATE: out-of-bounds read and write in sm501
- debian/patches/ubuntu/CVE-2020-12829-pre1.patch: convert printf +
abort to qemu_log_mask.
- debian/patches/ubuntu/CVE-2020-12829-pre2.patch: shorten long
variable names in sm501_2d_operation.
- debian/patches/ubuntu/CVE-2020-12829-pre3.patch: use BIT(x) macro to
- debian/patches/ubuntu/CVE-2020-12829-pre4.patch: clean up local
variables in sm501_2d_operation.
- debian/patches/ubuntu/CVE-2020-12829.patch: replace hand written
implementation with pixman where possible.
- debian/patches/ubuntu/CVE-2020-12829-2.patch: optimize small
- debian/patches/ubuntu/CVE-2020-12829-3.patch: fix bounds checks.
- debian/patches/ubuntu/CVE-2020-12829-4.patch: drop unneded variable.
- debian/patches/ubuntu/CVE-2020-12829-5.patch: do not allow guest to
set invalid format.
- debian/patches/ubuntu/CVE-2020-12829-6.patch: introduce variable for
commonly used value for better readability.
- debian/patches/ubuntu/CVE-2020-12829-7.patch: fix and optimize
* SECURITY UPDATE: out-of-bounds read during sdhci_write() operations
- debian/patches/ubuntu/CVE-2020-13253.patch: do not switch to
ReceivingData if address is invalid in hw/sd/sd.c.
* SECURITY UPDATE: out-of-bounds access during es1370_write() operation
- debian/patches/ubuntu/CVE-2020-13361.patch: check total frame count
against current frame in hw/audio/es1370.c.
* SECURITY UPDATE: out-of-bounds read via crafted reply_queue_head
- debian/patches/ubuntu/CVE-2020-13362-1.patch: use unsigned type for
reply_queue_head and check index in hw/scsi/megasas.c.
- debian/patches/ubuntu/CVE-2020-13362-2.patch: avoid NULL pointer
dereference in hw/scsi/megasas.c.
- debian/patches/ubuntu/CVE-2020-13362-3.patch: use unsigned type for
positive numeric fields in hw/scsi/megasas.c.
* SECURITY UPDATE: NULL pointer dereference related to BounceBuffer
- debian/patches/ubuntu/CVE-2020-13659.patch: set map length to zero
when returning NULL in exec.c, include/exec/memory.h.
* SECURITY UPDATE: out-of-bounds access via msi-x mmio operation
- debian/patches/ubuntu/CVE-2020-13754-1.patch: revert accepting
mismatching sizes in memory_region_access_valid in memory.c.
- debian/patches/ubuntu/CVE-2020-13754-2.patch: accept byte and word
access to core ACPI registers in hw/acpi/core.c.
* SECURITY UPDATE: infinite recursion in ati-vga
- debian/patches/ubuntu/CVE-2020-13800.patch: check mm_index before
recursive call in hw/display/ati.c.
* SECURITY UPDATE: division by zero in oss_write()
- debian/patches/ubuntu/CVE-2020-14415.patch: fix buffer pos
calculation in audio/ossaudio.c.
* SECURITY UPDATE: buffer overflow in XGMAC Ethernet controller
- debian/patches/ubuntu/CVE-2020-15863.patch: check bounds in
* SECURITY UPDATE: reachable assertion failure
- debian/patches/ubuntu/CVE-2020-16092.patch: fix assertion failure in
-- Marc Deslauriers <email address hidden> Tue, 11 Aug 2020 12:30:06 -0400
|Source diff to previous version|
||An assertion failure issue was found in the Network Block Device(NBD) Server in all QEMU versions before QEMU 5.0.1. This flaw occurs when an nbd-cli
||sd_wp_addr in hw/sd/sd.c in QEMU 4.2.0 uses an unvalidated address, which leads to an out-of-bounds read during sdhci_write() operations. A guest OS
||In QEMU 5.0.0 and earlier, es1370_transfer_audio in hw/audio/es1370.c does not properly validate the frame count, which allows guest OS users to trig
||In QEMU 5.0.0 and earlier, megasas_lookup_frame in hw/scsi/megasas.c has an out-of-bounds read via a crafted reply_queue_head field from a guest OS u
||address_space_map in exec.c in QEMU 4.2.0 can trigger a NULL pointer dereference related to BounceBuffer.
||hw/pci/msix.c in QEMU 4.2.0 allows guest OS users to trigger an out-of-bounds access via a crafted address in an msi-x mmio operation.
||ati-vga in hw/display/ati.c in QEMU 4.2.0 allows guest OS users to trigger infinite recursion via a crafted mm_index value during an ati_mm_read or a
||division by zero in oss_write() in audio/ossaudio.c
||hw/net/xgmac.c in the XGMAC Ethernet controller in QEMU before 07-20-2020 has a buffer overflow. This occurs during packet transmission and affects t
||In QEMU through 5.0.0, an assertion failure can occur in the network packet processing. This issue affects the e1000e and vmxnet3 network devices. A
qemu (1:4.2-3ubuntu6.1) focal-security; urgency=medium
* SECURITY UPDATE: DoS via integer overflow in ati_2d_blt()
- debian/patches/ubuntu/CVE-2020-11869.patch: fix checks in
ati_2d_blt() to avoid crash in hw/display/ati_2d.c.
-- Marc Deslauriers <email address hidden> Thu, 14 May 2020 08:25:24 -0400
||An integer overflow was found in QEMU 4.0.1 through 4.2.0 in the way it implemented ATI VGA emulation. This flaw occurs in the ati_2d_blt() routine i
Send Feedback to @ubuntu_updates