This package is just an umbrella for a group of other packages,
it has no description.
Description samples from packages in group:
- KDE frontend for the apport crash report system
- tools for automatically reporting Apport crash reports
- valgrind wrapper that first downloads debug symbols
- debhelper extension for the apport crash report system
Save this URL for the latest version of "apport":
Other versions of "apport" in Bionic
Packages in group
Deleted packages are displayed in grey.
apport (2.20.9-0ubuntu7.3) bionic; urgency=medium
[ Didier Roche ]
* Add a remember option to whoopsie so that users can diminish
crash interactions (LP: #1778497)
* Move apport autoreport service files to apport binary package.
Having them in apport-noui was creating a bug where autoreport
wasn't working on desktop. As we check in the launched script
for whoopsie and autoreport file, we don't autoreport by default.
apport-noui still touches the file to enable autoreport on install.
* Remove upstart service and watershed dependency.
* Assume if no whoopsie that crash reporting is enabled:
As the old configuration that was a whoopsie configuration file that was
that was never updated by the whoopsie API, we assume that no
whoopsie installed (not the default) == manual send report is allowed.
If people want to disable crash reporting:
- get whoopsie installed and disable crash reporting in g-c-c
- uninstall apport
[ Brian Murray ]
* Start apport-autoreport after installing apport-noui which is part of
improving apport's automatic crash reporing feature. (LP: #1778694)
-- Didier Roche <email address hidden> Tue, 10 Jul 2018 11:10:15 +0200
||Add a remember option to whoopsie so that users can diminish crash interactions
||In autoreport mode in whoopsie-preferences API, reports are not sent by whoopsie
No changelog for deleted or moved packages.
apport (2.20.9-0ubuntu7.2) bionic; urgency=medium
* apport/ui.py: Include ProblemType in reports which are updated as
package hooks may expect the report to have a ProblemType. (LP: #1766794)
* test/test_ui.py: modify run_crash_kernel test to account for the fact
that linux-image-$kvers-$flavor is now built from the linux-signed
source package on amd64 and ppc64el. (LP: #1766740)
* data/general-hooks/ubuntu.py: Don't display a messy error if python or
python3 is not installed. (LP: #1769262)
* debian/apport.links: source_linux-signed.py -> source_linux.py package
hook (LP: #1773012)
* data/package-hooks/source_linux.py: Redirect bugs filed about the
linux-signed source package to linux. (LP: #1773012)
-- Brian Murray <email address hidden> Wed, 30 May 2018 15:19:49 -0700
||apport-collect doesn't create a ProblemType in the report
||apport autopkgtest regression due to kernel packaging changes
||PythonDetails contains an error message if python not installed
||kernel bugs in bionic are reported about linux-signed and package hook doesn't run
Send Feedback to @ubuntu_updates