This package is just an umbrella for a group of other packages,
it has no description.
Description samples from packages in group:
- Standalone shell setup for initramfs
- Standalone rescue shell with tons of builtin utilities
Other versions of "busybox" in Bionic
Packages in group
Deleted packages are displayed in grey.
busybox (1:1.27.2-2ubuntu3.3) bionic-security; urgency=medium
* SECURITY UPDATE: missing ssl cert validation in wget applet
- debian/patches/CVE-2018-1000500-pre1.patch: emit a message that
certificate verification is not implemented in networking/wget.c.
- debian/patches/CVE-2018-1000500-pre2.patch: print warning only once
- debian/patches/CVE-2018-1000500-1.patch: implement TLS verification
with ENABLE_FEATURE_WGET_OPENSSL in networking/wget.c.
- debian/patches/CVE-2018-1000500-2.patch: fix openssl options for cert
verification in networking/wget.c.
-- Marc Deslauriers <email address hidden> Fri, 18 Sep 2020 10:26:16 -0400
|Source diff to previous version|
||Busybox contains a Missing SSL certificate validation vulnerability in The "busybox wget" applet that can result in arbitrary code execution. This at
busybox (1:1.27.2-2ubuntu3.2) bionic-security; urgency=medium
* SECURITY UPDATE: buffer overflow in wget
- debian/patches/CVE-2018-1000517.patch: check chunk length in
* SECURITY UPDATE: out-of-bounds read in udhcp
- debian/patches/CVE-2018-20679.patch: check that 4-byte options are
indeed 4-byte in networking/udhcp/common.*,
* SECURITY UPDATE: incomplete fix for out-of-bounds read in udhcp
- debian/patches/CVE-2019-5747.patch: when decoding DHCP_SUBNET, ensure
it is 4 bytes long in networking/udhcp/common.*,
-- Marc Deslauriers <email address hidden> Wed, 06 Mar 2019 15:51:41 -0500
||BusyBox project BusyBox wget version prior to commit 8e2174e9bd836e53c8b9c6e00d1bc6e2a718686e contains a Buffer Overflow vulnerability in Busybox wge
||An issue was discovered in BusyBox before 1.30.0. An out of bounds read in udhcp components (consumed by the DHCP server, client, and relay) allows a
||An issue was discovered in BusyBox through 1.30.0. An out of bounds read in udhcp components (consumed by the DHCP server, client, and/or relay) migh
Send Feedback to @ubuntu_updates