This package is just an umbrella for a group of other packages,
it has no description.
Description samples from packages in group:
- Tag Image File Format library (TIFF), development files
- TIFF manipulation and conversion documentation
- Tag Image File Format (TIFF) library
- Tag Image File Format library (TIFF), development files (transitional package)
Other versions of "tiff" in Kinetic
Packages in group
Deleted packages are displayed in grey.
tiff (4.4.0-4ubuntu3.2) kinetic-security; urgency=critical
* Backport security fix for CVE-2022-3970, fix (unsigned) integer overflow
on strips/tiles > 2 GB in TIFFReadRGBATileExt() (closes: #1024737).
-- Rico Tzschichholz <email address hidden> Wed, 30 Nov 2022 16:24:00 +0100
|Source diff to previous version|
||tiff: CVE-2022-3970: TIFFReadRGBATileExt(): fix (unsigned) integer overflow on strips/tiles > 2 GB
||A vulnerability was found in LibTIFF. It has been classified as critical. This affects the function TIFFReadRGBATileExt of the file libtiff/tif_getim
tiff (4.4.0-4ubuntu3.1) kinetic-security; urgency=medium
* SECURITY UPDATE: heap-overflow and double free in tiffcrop
- debian/patches/CVE-2022-2519_2520_2521_2953.patch: Add checks and ends
tiffcrop if -S arguments are not mutually exclusive.
* SECURITY UPDATE: heap-based buffer overflow
- debian/patches/CVE-2022-3570_3598.patch: increases buffer sizes for
subroutines in tools/tiffcrop.c.
* SECURITY UPDATE: out-of-bound write in tiffcrop
- debian/patches/CVE-2022-3599.patch: Revised handling of TIFFTAG_INKNAMES
and related TIFFTAG_NUMBEROFINKS value
* SECURITY UPDATE: out-of-bound write in tif_unix
- debian/patches/CVE-2022-3626_3627.patch: disable incompatibility of -Z,
-X, -Y, -z options with any PAGE_MODE_x option
-- Nishit Majithia <email address hidden> Wed, 02 Nov 2022 14:13:19 +0530
||There is a double free or corruption in rotateImage() at tiffcrop.c:8839 found in libtiff 4.4.0rc1
||A flaw was found in libtiff 4.4.0rc1. There is a sysmalloc assertion fail in rotateImage() at tiffcrop.c:8621 that can cause program crash when readi
||It was found in libtiff 4.4.0rc1 that there is an invalid pointer free operation in TIFFClose() at tif_close.c:131 called by tiffcrop.c:2522 that can
||LibTIFF 4.4.0 has an out-of-bounds read in extractImageSection in tools/tiffcrop.c:6905, allowing attackers to cause a denial-of-service via a crafte
||Multiple heap buffer overflows in tiffcrop.c utility in libtiff library Version 4.4.0 allows attacker to trigger unsafe or out of bounds memory acces
||LibTIFF 4.4.0 has an out-of-bounds write in extractContigSamplesShifted24bits in tools/tiffcrop.c:3604, allowing attackers to cause a denial-of-servi
||LibTIFF 4.4.0 has an out-of-bounds read in writeSingleSection in tools/tiffcrop.c:7345, allowing attackers to cause a denial-of-service via a crafted
||LibTIFF 4.4.0 has an out-of-bounds write in _TIFFmemset in libtiff/tif_unix.c:340 when called from processCropSelections, tools/tiffcrop.c:7619, allo
||LibTIFF 4.4.0 has an out-of-bounds write in _TIFFmemcpy in libtiff/tif_unix.c:346 when called from extractImageSection, tools/tiffcrop.c:6860, allowi
Send Feedback to @ubuntu_updates