This package is just an umbrella for a group of other packages,
it has no description.
Description samples from packages in group:
- GNU C Library: Documentation
- GNU C Library: Binaries
- GNU C Library: Development binaries
- GNU C Library: Shared libraries
Other versions of "glibc" in Groovy
Packages in group
Deleted packages are displayed in grey.
glibc (2.32-0ubuntu3.2) groovy; urgency=medium
* Make libc6 provide libc6-lse on arm64.
Libc6 is already compiled with -moutline-atomics thus the separate binary
package is dropped. (LP: #1912652)
* debian/control: Libc6 should Conflict and Replace libc6-lse
|Source diff to previous version|
glibc (2.32-0ubuntu3.1) groovy; urgency=medium
* Drop check preventing using float128 which breaks new icc (LP: #1895358)
* Detect debconf consistently in libc6.preinst and do not crash if it is not
used (LP: #1902955)
* Ship libc variant compiled for profiling in libc6-prof (LP: #1908307)
* Don't build libc6-prof in stage1 and stage2
* Ship libc6-prof on riscv64, too.
This fixes FTBFS on riscv64 due to the the flavour being built but not
shipped in a package.
* elf: Add endianness markup to ld.so.cache (Closes: #731082) (LP: #1906250)
* Fix shmctl, msgctl and semctl regressions in glibc 2.31 (LP: #1904419)
- Also XFAIL tst-sysvshm-linux on i386 and x32
* Prevent rare deadlock in pthread_cond_signal (LP: #1899800)
-- Balint Reczey <email address hidden> Wed, 16 Dec 2020 13:30:09 +0100
||[Bug] A simple code including tgmath.h cannot be compiled with icc with Ubuntu 20.04 OS
||package libc6:amd64 2.31-0ubuntu9.1 failed to install/upgrade: package libc6:amd64 2.31-0ubuntu9.1 cannot be configured because libc6:i386 is at a di
||Please ship a glibc build for profiling in libc6-prof
||Segmentation fault in s390x ld.so while parsing /etc/ld.so.cache using qemu-s390x on x86_64.
||Upgrade glibc 2.32 by required upstream patches
||Runtime deadlock: pthread_cond_signal failed to wake up pthread_cond_wait due to a bug in undoing stealing
||ld.so.cache parsing code does not deal with mixed endianess multiarch, causing segfaults
Send Feedback to @ubuntu_updates