nvidia-graphics-drivers (304.37-0ubuntu1~lucid~xup1) lucid; urgency=low
* Added support for the following GPUs:
GeForce GTX 680M
* Removed the ability to enable SLI on GPUs with ECC enabled.
* Fixed several bugs that prevented some RandR transform geometries from
* Fixed a bug that caused frequent hangs or crashes on some systems.
* Fixed a bug that would cause corruption and performance issues in
certain OpenGL applications such as Amnesia: The Dark Descent on
GeForce 6 and 7 GPUs.
* Fixed a bug that caused applications that use DirectColor visuals,
such as Enemy Territory: Quake Wars and Braid, to appear in shades of blue
instead of the correct colors.
* Modified handling of RRSetScreenSize requests to ignore requests that do not actually resize the screen.This reduces screen flicker in certain
cases when using GNOME.
* Added a new option, "--disable-nouveau" to nvidia-installer. This option changes the action that is chosen by default when Nouveauis detected by nvidia-installer. If the "--disable-nouveau" optionis set, then the default will be to attempt to disable Nouveau when it is detected; otherwise,
no attempt will be made unless requested.
* Added support for xserver ABI 13 (xorg-server 1.13).
* Added support for RandR per-CRTC gamma manipulation through the RandR 1.2
RRGetCrtcGammaSize, RRGetCrtcGamma, and RRSetCrtcGamma requests.
* Fixed a bug that caused RRSetOutputPrimary requests to incorrectly generate BadValue errors when setting the primary output to None.This caused gnome-settings-daemon to crash after changing the screen configuration in response to a display hotplug or the display change hot-key being pressed.
* Fixed a problem where RENDER Glyphs operations would exhibit severe performance
issues in certain cases, such as when used with gradients by Cairo and Chromium.
* Fixed a bug that caused X to hang when resuming certain DisplayPort display
devices (such as Apple brand mini-DisplayPort to dual-link DVI adapters)
from power-saving mode.
* Fixed a bug that caused an X screen to be extended to Quadro SDI Output devices by default. An X screen will still use an SDI Output device if it is the only display device available. To use a SDI Output device on an X screen with other display devices available, include the SDI Output device with either the "UseDisplayDevice" or "MetaMode" X configuration options.
* Updated X11 modeline validation such that modes not defined in a display device's EDID are discarded if the EDID 1.3 "GTF Supported" flag is unset or if the EDID 1.4 "Continuous Frequency" flag is unset. The new "AllowNonEdidModes" token for the ModeValidationX configuration option can be used
to disable this new check.
* Fixed a bug, introduced in the 295.xx release series, with EDID detection on some laptop internal panels. This bug caused the laptop internal panel
to show six small copies of the desktop.
* Added support for FXAA, Fast Approximate Anti-Aliasing. Using regular anti-aliasing modes or Unified Back Buffers with FXAA is not currently supported.
* Enhanced the functionality of the IncludeImplicitMetaModes X configuration option: Implicit MetaModes will be added for the primary display device,
even if multiple display devices are in use when X is initialized.
Implicit MetaModes will be added for common resolutions, even
if there isn't a mode with that resolution in the mode pool of
the display device.
* Extended the syntax of the IncludeImplicitMetaModes X
configuration option, e.g., to control which display device is
used for creation of implicit MetaModes.
See the description of the IncludeImplicitMetaModes X configuration
option in the README for details.
* Modified the handling of the RandR 1.0/1.1 requests RRGetScreenInfo and RRSetScreenConfig (e.g., `xrandr -q --q1` and `xrandr --size ...` and `xrandr --orientation ...`) such that they operate on MetaModes. This was the behavior in NVIDIA X driver versions 295.xx and earlier, but 302.xx releases altered the handling of these RandR 1.0/1.1 requests to operate
on a single RandR output's modes.
* With the above changes to IncludeImplicitMetaModes and RandR 1.0/1.1 handling, fullscreen applications (e.g., SDL-based applications, Wine), should have more resolutions available to them, and should interact better
with multiple monitor configurations.
* Fixed a bug that could cause G8x, G9x, and GT2xx GPUs to display a black screen
or corruption after waking up from suspend.
* Fixed several bugs that could cause some OpenGL programs to hang when calling fork(3).
* Fixed an nvidia-settings bug that caused the results of ProbeDisplays queries made with the --display-device-string option to be formatted incorrectly.
* Improved the responsiveness of updates to the nvidia-settings control
panel when displays are hotplugged.
* Fixed a bug that caused display corruption when setting some transforms,
especially when panning a transformed display.
* Fixed a bug that caused extra RandR events to be generated the first time
a display is hotplugged.
* Fixed a bug that caused X11 modelines with '@' in their names to be rejected.
* Added support for DisplayPort 1.2 branch devices, which allow multiple
displays to be connected to a single DisplayPort connector on a graphics board.
* Fixed a bug that caused most OpenGL texture uploads to be slow when the
context was bound rendering to an RGB overlay drawable.
* Fixed a bug that caused audio over HDMI to not work after restarting the X
server on some MCP7x (IGP) GPUs.
* Updated the X configuration option "UseDisplayDevice" to honor the value
"none" on any GPU.
* Added support for DKMS in nvidia-installer. Installing the kernel module th